Why Imran Khan Has Failed To Lead The Nation ??

Discussion in 'Current Affair and Siasi Debate' started by hina123, Oct 8, 2008.

1. hina123

hina123 Banned

Today Pakistan is going through the most fragile time of its history. The people of Pakistan are desperately looking for a honest leader to lead them into the future. People of Pakistan have lost faith in these two face leaders like Zardari, Nawaz Shareef, Qazi Hussain, Asfandyar, Maulana Fazlurehman and the kalla gaboon Altaf Hussain. We have also seen the military's failed performance both on war front and political front. These dictators to whom we have praised over time have used this nation to fill their own bank accounts.

When Imran Khan came into politics, some people thought it was the last chance of hope, however after more than 12 years, IK has still not proved his leadership potential and the nation who is waiting for a leader is still in wait..

" THE QUESTION OF THE HOUR IS WHY IK HAS FAILED TO CONVINCE THE NATION "

* is it cz he called nawaz and benazir both thieves in the beginning of his political career and later moved towards nawaz...

* on one side he and his X wife wrote hardliner Islamic columns in Pakistani newspapers but at the same time were busy spending the most liberal life in a conservative country like Pakistan....

* is it cz he failed to groom any other visible personality in his party like a great leader and even after 12 years, he is a 1 man show...

* is it cz on one side he tries to ally with the moderates through his personality and then sits with the hardliner conservatives like Qazi Hussain...

* is it cz he sided with Musharaff in the beginning when the whole nation knew that the fairist dictator is worst than the evil democracy....

* is it cz he tries to convince people by being a opportunist and uses his rhetoric to attack by words and not actions....

* is it cz the nation has not forgot about his playboy past and is not willing to accept his new image...after all Pakistan is a conservative society....

* is it cz also like a Pakistani politician he has learned not to let any other person ahead of him in his party...

* during the last two years, he had a chance to promote his party heavily through free news/talk shows appearances but again and again we saw ONLY him on TV screens......

* he bravely talks about Baluchistan and FATA and NWFP but has also failed to visit these areas to prove his actions more than words....

** most importantly, People were expecting him to take part in the "in camera security briefing" BUT apparently he has took off like he always does when there is some serious issue back home........ so that later he can use his
    rhetoric....

???
    ??

2. lazysprinter

lazysprinter **P A K I S T A N I**

It could be said that he is not successful to convince the people of Pakistan but it would not be fair to say that he has failed.
    He is trying consistently and has now emerged as one of the leading political voices of our land.
    Actually, we, people should support him whole heartedly and knowing that he is a fair politician we trust in those who are well-rated in corruption.
    He is a fighter and he has his own style that's why it seems he is not as successful as the others are. One day he will be on driving seat to lead the nation towards prosperity and dignity.
    Muhammad Ali Jinnah had been disappointed in his early period of politics but later the people realized that he is a fair and dedicated person and they gave him full support.
    If we want change then we should also take a step forward. Imran is not a failed politician rather he is improving steadily.

3. brusque

brusque Member Siasi Karkun

Reasons: (1) Pakistani nation never sided with truthful and honest people. They are corrupt themselves so they all want shortcuts and they get shortcuts by sticking to the losers that you see in the parliament. The vicious circle continues. Look around you, in your family how many people do you genuinely respect for being honest and for not screwing Pakistan when they had the chance? You will get your answer.

(2) The cream of Pakistan (and by cream I mean intellectually not financially) are dishonest and generally lack character. Look at Denmark where I live. 85% danes ... the common dane is much lazier than Pakistanis. They dont work at all and do not contribute anything to the system but the top 15% are such great people they carry everyone along. They would go by bike so that other 85% ride mercedes and bmw's. Compare that to Pakistani nation. You have to kiss the ass of a peon in a goverment office just to make His Highness talk to you because he thinks he is somebody.

What can Imran Khan do? nothing. You can train a lion to be a world beater but you cant make lions out of sheep.

4. amir66_99

amir66_99 New Member

u must understand that best people always in minority since this mankind began even islamic hisory confirms and corrupt like ppps are always in majority as there are more evils than good one,,,,,,,,that is reality of life,one should appreciate that person like imran doing kind of jihad at least ,may God bless them and give them strength and reward them.

amir66_99 added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

shame on our leadership who calls kasmiris as terrorist............

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2008
  5. aftab818

aftab818 New Member

To me the simple reason is that,he is not acceptable to our masters in USA and our politicians does not want to join him because they would not be able to make black money, and above all, we would not vote for him because we vote on our own contacts and social lame reasons, we never vote on the basis of manifesto.Its not IK fault.

6. metsalik

metsalik New Member

Salam,

Its a great topic to be discussed.

Imran Khan started his political career at the height of PPP's alleged corruption era of 1996 when the whole national saw him as a great saviour. And no doubt much of Pakistani youth wants to see him in power. I believe that so far he has been failed to deliver what he seems to promise. To me the reasons are following:

His conviction doesn't seem to be originally his own brainchild and he is seen continuously sitting in the company of same old CLASSICAL FAUJ-MULLA alliance namely Qazi Hussain Ahmed and most notoriously Gen (R) HAMEED GUL (a dubious character....an Ex head of a notorious intelligence agency responsible for sectarian voilence, gun culture, and a leading protagonist of voilent Islamic Ideas as practiced by Taliban....and also well known for his financial corruption as well as in destabilizing the democratic governments in 90's).

And if he has an original conviction to change Pakistani society, he should come out of this quagmire of old used up politicians like Qazi and HGul. That will be surely the onset of his political success.

IK should have the knowledge and regard that Pakistani youth loves him and wants to see him in power. He should go directly to public and talk to them and convince about his reform's offer, and really prepare them for a big change. For last 6 minths he kept on crying that govt is not taking parliment into confidence about security situation and at the height of this troublesome time he is in Australia attending some PTI conventions and regretted to attend this very important meeting.

He talks straightfarward and with good rhetoric, but goes to the talk without full homework and therefore ends up using the power of his voice and finally stressing up. Most of the times he is only relying upon various world political surveys without knowing their on ground relationship with the current situation. Or sometimes he is presenting Switzerland model for his envisaged Pakistan which looks too impractical on ground.

He lost a great opportunity in 2008 elections which could prove to be the onset of his political success, and I'm sure he was not following his own vision, rather following somebody's advice (like HGul).

Regarding his mindset, without any prejudice to him, besides him becomming a winnimg captain of WC 1992, who doesn't know of his arrogant (DICTATORIAL) attitude in cricket; a time when he never wanted any cricketer to get more fame than himself, for example stopping Miandad (the backbone of 1992 success) from a great 300 with just 16 runs away in 1986-87 against India.

So in summary......

So far, his political struggle consists of ONLY Rhetoric in 11 years, even having found good opportunities to come to power.

I would very much wish to see him in power ONLY IF

1. He follows his own conviction and Ideas.

2. Reject advices of Dark Characters like Hameed Gul etc right away and form an executive comittee of PTI of purely 100% of his own confidence. It should consist of only and only new and well educated people mostly belonging to the middle class with completely clean past.

3. Stop the luxuries of life for some time, and spend his days and nights with the people of Pakistan talking to them and listening to them, just as Bhutto did from 1967 to 1970.

4. Prepare himeself very well before talk shows so that he doesn't need to use the power of his voice, rather the power of his ideas and conviction in a low voice.

5. Try to be a bit humble than he now is.

Only then, I wish him all the success.........

Sorry for any disagreements...........

Regards and wassalam.....

7. DiL Dukhta hai

DiL Dukhta hai For Pakistan

Hina123 you spent too much time to find out Imran Khan's Error but dear above my brothers gave beautiful answer to your post , Currupt need only currupts to continue their curruption there isnt any place for such people like Imran Khan ' Allah Gave him everything what a person can dream he got way more then that he really feel pain of his country and people thats why he tried to talk with our most of currupt leader and he found them currupt thats why he wasnt able to continue with them, our nation should shame on them self that who they vote only because that politician if become minister then he can help out them in their own social matters thats how people vote in pakistan , we pakistani never think about Country we go for vote because this guy maybe can help in Police station or can get job for my child or promise make my street, i know so many people in pakistan during election they announced that who ever will make their street all the 150 vote they will cast to that person ,doesnt matter that guy is killer or KABZA GROUP or DON of that area they dont care how currupt that person is they are ready to sell their country for small things and later you see whats going on in country our leader doing the same they ready to sell country their people when they come in power , how many people our goverment hand over to USA for what ? Dollars$ thats sit , shame on this whole nation i am part of this because we always give vote for our own intrest not for what is good our country . dont know how long i have to live but i can tell you one thing things gona never change untill we change our self . these currupt people always rule us because we are currupt , in my country (Pakistan) mostly people give vote on one more reason that they are belongs to PPP or PML N , MQM , JUI, or any dirty name only because they always give vote to them so they have to vote only these parties untill their death because its their party doesnt matter how dirty people are in this party doesnt matter how many time these currupt people show them their ass doesnt what ever their leader do they will vote only their party because they are JIYALAY , LANAT , FITAYMOON , and May Allah Destroy this kind of nation ameen, people knew this PPP and PML N and MQM that how much May Allah bless our country and Destroy all the currupt people include currupt nation , Ameen

8. humadoon

humadoon New Member

It is because we never gave him a chance ...u know the problem with Pakistanis is that we are perfectionist we want everything in a single person or we are waiting for a Prophet (but we only get Mr. Profit)...

Hopefully we will give him a chance this time ...because i don't see any reciprocal...

And i would like to tell all of u that Pakistan is not in a fragile situation...Actually it is resisting and this is an achievement /handshake

9. ashahid

ashahid Banned

The reason is very simple. He hasnt got the corrupt looted money to organise his party so they can pit themselves against the high and mighty. It takes 500,000 for an election compaign to succeed. The person who is going to invest that kind of money will at least wants his money back if not some return and hence the corruption. Knowing Imran Khan, he would never allow the corruption and hence only the god fearing and scruplous people support him who happen to be short in pockets too.

There are only two solutions for the above problem

1. You get the funds to organise the party and for the compaign by raising funds from differnt donors who unfortunately are very little in Pakistan when it comes to Politics. People donate a lot of money to his cancer hospital but I dont think he can generate that kind of funds on the name of establishing a political party. It simply isnt virtueous enough cause for us Pakistanis. So he needs to get funds from abroad, from expatriate Pakistanis who understand democracy and understand his role in the current political environment. That's why you see him nine months abroad and three months in Pakistan. If he can get some people to donate regularly and on top of that can get candidates with good financial background to come back and fight the polls on his behalf would be the ideal scenario.

2. The second solution is the independent judiciary which would back up independent election commission which in turn would strictly enforce political party and election related laws. Most people probably do not know on this forum that officially you are only allowed to spend 1.5 million rupees on your election compaign. But we all know how much is actually spent. And secondly, half of the current parlimentarian lot will become ineligible if the law is enforced to the letter thus paving the way for more honest people.

For thos of you who think it is all about charm, chrisma and convincing the nation. You only have to look at the results of recent election, Q League with all the bad publicity and being morally bankrupt still got 54 seats in the parliment. This is all personal clout and the organisation of individuals at their constituency level.

10. mjunaid11

mjunaid11 New Member

@metsalik
    i would like to clear a couple of things:

(1) Boycotting elections: when he came out of jail during emergency days, he called Nawaz Sharif and said we are going to participate in elections; but when the CEC meeting of PTI was called, there Hamid Khan (Vice President of PTI as well as a lawyer movement leader) suggested not to participate; eventually all of them agreed and decided not to participate. So, there was NO Hameed Gul involved in the decision.

(2) On reaching out to the common people, IK has already started is Pakistan tour to organize the party. His speech in Murree was part of it. After coming back from Australia, he will continue the work on this.

11. abdul

abdul New Member

I disagree with the basic concept of this question. This question implies that,

Zardari, Nawaz, Sheikh Rashid, Altaf et. al. are successful politicians.
    To me we have a wrong criterion to term some one successful and label with a failure.

12. uashah007

uashah007 New Member

well jis ne bhi yeh questions post kiye i wana say thnx to him or her but plz for ur information its not IMRAN KHAN FALULT its our nation fault still any ways HE IS THE LEADER STILL TODAY WHO CAN SAVE OUR
    PAKISTAN THATS ALL THNX N YA CAN SOME 1 EMAIL THESE QUESTIONS TO IMRAN KHAN PLZ IF SOME 1 HAVE HIS E MAIL ADDRESS THNX

13. Dashing10

Dashing10 New Member

lack of black money like zardari or NS!!!

14. kamranmuhammad

kamranmuhammad New Member

WoW!!!!!!!! A lot of Points but Not a SINGLE new Argument.All Old blames and perceptions which has been discussed milllion of time. So there might be same responses!!!!!!

Hina You worked hard and could not have come with anything else negative, You put everything what his critics have!!!!

People has replied you wisely here!!! I agree most o them.Let me start with your question, Totally wrong perception!!!

He never came up in Power to lead this nation. The reason has been explained above by many users. 11 year of his politics, Look you have to see that in those 9 years belong to Army. He could have been an other party like PPP & PMLN generated by the Dictator But you know what, He refused on the bases of his principle.Otherwise you would not have the same Question.

The other point i would like to raise is this What we have done for our nation. Does we support the guy whome we know is not Corrupt, JO LOYAL HAI, JO KHUD DAR HAI, JISS DIL MEIN NATION KALIYE DARD hi, JO POLITICS MEIN POWER KALIYE NAI CHNAGE KALIYE HAI, JO DUNIYA SAY FACE TO FACE BAAT KRNA JANTA HAI, etc etc ec DID we, our parents, relatives vote for him??? IF NOT then why blame him why not oursleves!!!!

Look , i can go on and on but the bottom line is we need to support PTI financially and morally. Election is a heavy business, You need money to stand, especially It's hard when you know there is no chance of corruption to gain ur money back. So we all have to support honest people by our funds Who later can work for us rather filling in his acounts.
    11 year is not a big time, Look at even our Holy prophet (pbuh), 13 year in Makkah andw many muslims??? few!!!! It all takes time. It took 33 year to Mahateer Muhammad to come into Power BUT he changed whole Mayasia. Muhammad Ali Jinnah, his example very one knows. REMEMBER!!! short cut is not the solution. IF this would have been the case then PPP and PML would have brought Pakistan on up level so far. However,statics shows that in 1960's , we were much better than now.

Pakistan is not just for Imran Khan, We all belong to it.Every one should put his efforts according to his extent. We Must support and appreciate Imran Khan work and role. He is the real and only hope who can bring change and respect for Green Passport.

May he live long and Allah help him to lead this nation!!!!!

15. m kashif khan

m kashif khan New Member

I think, getting the status of an honest leader is a success itself and the whole process groomed him a lot specially when we are not use to going though all the way. I think this discussion itself is complementary.
    People didn't take him serious as a politician earlier.
    I recall there was a time when we start believing that the hospital project of his is a fail effort which time proven wrong.

16. abdul

abdul New Member

Oh sorry I misunderstood the question, I thought failure being him as a politician.
    Sorry again, you post a valid and good question.

17. aikhan

aikhan New Member

A agree with Hina123 about the great Imran khan Naizi...........I think in politics Mr great Khan Niazi is shortage of IQ and more. He live in lahore but most of time he spend In Islamabad and he visit london and Bollywood more then he visit any other city of Pakistan. He talk about Pakistan and Islam but his all investment is outside of Pakistan like all our currently great leader of our time. His personal life is total difference then what does.He is only good in cricket and hunting the western gls

18. imran_sohail

imran_sohail New Member

Dear brothers,

My friend gave several reasons of "why IK has failed to lead nation".

I may accept other reasons of his failure but if you say that our nation knew about him and his dual policy then you are wrong.

Believe me we are such a stupid nation which never woke up and will never wake up. If Mr.10% can be our president (embarrassing) still you are wishing for some good luck for our country. tomorrow Bilawal will come and again our nation will say, "Zinda hae BB zinda hae) and he will be our next PM or president who never had been in this poor country. in which we dont have such universities in which they can get quality education. they dont have security, and we as a stupid nation will choose him for our future PM. Shame on us....

as far as IK is concerend he will never become a leader unless he accep US as his god or master.

why we people dont understand that Yahood dont want pakistan's stability!

You have nothing in your hands dear. We had been sold to US and Israel.

19. salmanzafar214

salmanzafar214 New Member

Today paksitan is going through the most fragile time of the history.
    u r right but is it because of IMRAN KhAN ?? :D

The People of pakistan are deperately looking for a honest leader to lead them in future.
    :D pakistani Nation is lookign a leader of such honesty, integrity from last 60 years but cldnt find wat a shame again is this mistake of IK??

People of Pakistan have lost faith in these two face leaders like Zardari, Nawaz Shareef, Qazi Hussain, Asfandyar, Maulana Fazlurehman and the kalla gaboon Altaf Hussain
    :D Again PPP and PML N is not first time in power how ppl loose their faith today :O and if they loose faith what they are waiting for . ALlah asman say kuch utaray ga ? again is it bcoz of IK

We have also seen the military's failed performance both on war front and political front. These dictators to whom we have praised over time have used this nation to fill their own bank accounts.
    :D thanks GOd our nation or may be only poster come to know that our politicians and Army has failed oh God wat a crap na .. for God Sake its not the mistake of IK

all this Background made to show IK failed ?? i didnt find any mistake or any wrong decision yet by IK :D

When Imran Khan came into politics, some people thought it was the last chance of hope, however after more than 12 years, IK has still not proved his leadership potential and the nation who is waiting for a leader is still in wait..
    :d haha i really laugh u know why .. bcoz if someone say .. k ek banday ko 100 khotay Dia gaye or woh un ko GHora nahin bana saka .. so he failed :D lolz
    " THE QUESTION OF THE HOUR IS WHY IK HAS FAILED TO CONVINCE THE NATION "

:D wrong question .. its like this . *WhY NaTION HAS FAILED TO ACCEPT A COMPETENT LEADER LIKE IK*

* is it cz he called nawaz and benazir both thieves in the beginning of his political career and later moved towards nawaz...
    :D the prb is not he called them corrupt . prb is this was he right or wrong . if he was right then we have to think why we have choosed them again its not fault of IK

* on one side he and his X wife wrote hardliner Islamic columns in Pakistani newspapers but at the same time were busy spending the most liberal life in a conservative country like Pakistan....
    :D dont talk abt his personal matters how he pass life. he is liberal from start .. prb with our country men is we cant swallow hardliner neither Liberal so this is yet a ? for all of US what we want

* is it cz he failed to groom any other visible personality in his party like a great leader and even after 12 years, he is a 1 man show...
    :D maja a gaya . Its a long history and i think every one knows so no need to discus and he has some good guys with him but they are not of lIke IK simple

* is it cz on one side he tries to ally with the moderates through his personality and then sits with the hardliner conservatives like Qazi Hussain...
    :D its not a bad thing he is ally of all those who are right at the point who are closer to his ideology like QAZI is right at the moment to talk abt Justice system so no bad to be ally

* is it cz he sided with Musharaff in the beginning when the whole nation knew that the fairist dictator is worst than the evil democracy....
    :D he did mistake and apologised in front of whole country thousand times now for GOD sAKe leave this thing

* is it cz he tries to convince people by being a opportunist and uses his rhetoric to attack by words and not actions....
    :D u r right he is opportunist. he built Shoukat Khanam, Namal College and many things he is an opportunist. in politics he won only single seat wat a opportunist . :D

* is it cz the nation has not forgot about his playboy past and is not willing to accept his new image...after all Pakistan is a conservative society....
    :D this is nation prb not IK prb :D

* is it cz also like a Pakistani politician he has learned not to let any other person ahead of him in his party...

:d i dont have answer to this q bcoz he is yet only one person who won a seat so how we can he dont let any person ahead of him :D

* during the last two years, he had a chance to promote his party heavily through free news/talk shows appearances but again and again we saw ONLY him on TV screens.....
    :D bcoz we want to see him only on Screen :d this is why he is not a playboy i call him a ScreenBoy/MEDia boy . jis mulk main logon ki thinking itni had tak down ho k woh shadi na karain if someone is from PPP or PML :O so what u can hope

* he bravely talks about Baluchistan and FATA and NWFP but has also failed to visit these areas to prove his actions more than words....
    :D hmm i think he visited many time :O or not :O someone can answer abt this i dont have facts but i think he had visited

** most importantly, People were expecting him to take part in the "in camera security briefing" BUT apparently he has took off like he always does when there is some serious issue back home........ so that later he can use his rhetoric...

:D i think this was IN Camera Briefing to Parliment not to ALl parties so how he can be in it or may be i m wrong . plz clearify this if m wrong bcoz i dont have facts just answered on my ausmption that can be wrong :D

on the whole we dont need a leader like him . we need AZ jis ko GOD or GAAD main farq nahin pata . and NAWAZ sharif jo pata nahin kitnay GUNAH(sin) kar chukay hay jo mint baad umrah par bhag jatay hay :D

Just Answer my Single Question

We took 60 years but we cldnt establish a single GOVT. Institution so if IK cldnt establish his party in 12 years in which 9 years of dictator :O is this IK mistake or IK failed

i think we have to think .. who is really failed i love one quote of IMRAN that he said

# Hum as a QOm Ijtimaye KHudkushi kar rahay hay .#

think abt it :d

20. Cupertino

Cupertino Senior Member

Imran Khan should focus on charity work and cricket. He is a total failure as a politician. He has been used and guided by Nawaz and Qazi like a puppy during lawyers movement. He has no grass roots support. My family is from Karachi and I have a decent idea of know how people feel about him. Overall, his political life has been a very sad story.