Video Press Conference of Zaid Zaman Hamid

Discussion in 'Current Affair and Siasi Debate' started by shagi, Mar 20, 2010.

1. (((((Auspicious)))))

(((((Auspicious))))) Auspi

/lol sms aya tha kya /lol

2. angleena@aol.com

angleena@aol.com Active Member Siasi Karkun

PLEASE READ SURAH AL-HUJURAT: ALLAH (SWT) HAS SAID: IN THE NAME OF ALLAH MOST GRACIOUS, MOST MERCIFUL.
    9. O YOU WHO BELIEVE! IF A WICKED PERSON COMES TO YOU WITH ANY NEWS ASCERTAIN THE TRUTH, LEST YOU HARM PEOPLE UNWITTINGLY, AND AFTERWARDS BECOME FULL OF REPENTANCE FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE. IF TWO PARTIES AMONG THE BELIEVERS FALL INTO A QUARREL, MAKE PEACE BETWEEN THEM, BUT IF ONE OF THEM TRANSGRESSES BEYOND BOUNDS AGAINST THE OTHER, THEN FIGHT AGAINST THE ONE THAT TRANSGRESSES UNTIL IT COMPLIES WITH THE COMMAND OF ALLAH, BUT IF IT COMPLIES, THEN MAKE PEACE BETWEEN THEM WITH JUSTICE, AND BE FAIR, FOR ALLAH LOVES THOSE WHO ARE FAIR.
    10. THE BELIEVERS ARE BUT SINGLE BROTHERHOOD SO MAKE PEACE AND RECONCILIATION BETWEEN YOUR TWO (CONTENDING) BROTHERS, AND FEAR ALLAH THAT YOUR MAY RECEIVE MERCY.11. O YOU WHO BELIEVE LET NOT SOME MEN AMONG YOU LAUGH AT OTHERS. IT MAY BE THAT THE (LATTER) ARE BETTER THAN THE (FORMER). NOR LET SOME WOMEN LAUGH AT OTHERS. IT MAYBE THAT THE (LATTER) ARE BETTER THAN THE (FORMER). NOR DEFAME NOR BE SARCASTIC TO EACH OTHER, NOR CALL EACH OTHERS BY (OFFENSIVE) NICKNAMES. iLL-SEEMING IS A NAME CONNOTING WICKEDNESS(TO BE USED OF ONE) AFTER HE HAS BELIEF AND THOSE DO NOT DESIST ARE (INDEED) DOING WRONG.
    12. O YOU WHO BELIEVE AVOID SUSPICION AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, FOR SUSPCION IN SOME CASE IS A SIN. AND SPY ON EACH OTHER, NOR SPEAK ILL OF EACH OTHER BEHIND THEIR BACKS. WOULD ANY OF YOU LIKE TO EAT THE FLESH OF HIS DEAD BROTHER. NAY YOU WOULD ABHORE IT, BUT FEAR ALLAH, FOR ALLAH IS OFT- RETURNING, MOST MERCIFUL.
    EHTESAB IS NOT DOING WHAT ALLAH HAS SAID, HE(SHE) IS SPREADING HATERED AND MISCOMMUNICATING MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS. WHEN MR ZAID HAMID HAS SAID THAT WHAT HE BELEIVES IN FRONT OF MEDIA AND HUNDEREDS AND THOUSANDS OF MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD, WE SHOULD COVER HIM AND BELEIVE ON HIS STATEMENT, CUZ HE IS ALSO PROMISING WITH ALLAH (SWT). PLEASE REMEMBER WE ARE BROTHER AND SISTER NO MATTER WHAT CAST, SECT OR BACKGROUND. WE ALL PRAY ALLAH SWT, WE BELEIVE IN QURAN AND TRSUT IN GOD, AS LONG AS SOME ONE BELEIVE IN QURAN AND BELEIVE THAT MUHAMMAD (PEACE BE UPON HIM) IS THE LAST PROPHET OF GOD. HE OR SHE IS OUR BROTHER, PLEASE DO NOT JUST BELEIVE IN THESE ""SATANS"" THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ALLAH HAS SAID, I DONT CARE WHAT EHTESAB IS SAYING ALL I DO CARE WHAT MY ""ALLAH""SWT HAS SAID IN QURAN. PLEASE DONT JUST GIVE YOUR LOSE POINTS TO THESE SATANS, THEY ARE HAPPY WHEN OUR SECT ARE FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER ONE PROBLEM AFTER ANOTHER AND THEY ARE HAPPY WHEN THEY HAVE KILLED SO MANY ""ULAMA"" MUSHAIKH, AND NOW...THEY WANT TO DIS-CREDIT EVERY POLITICIAN IN PAKISTAN EVERY ONE WHO TALK ABOUT PAKISTAN AND LOVE AND PEACE, WE SHOULD SAY WE ARE ALL BROTHER AND SISTER AND DO NOT PAY ATTENTION ON JUST RUMORS. PLEASE USE YOUR MIND AND READ QURAN.....THANKS ALLAH MAY SAVE US FROM THESE SATANS. AMIN!!!

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

[PLEASE READ SURAH AL-HUJURAT: ALLAH (SWT) HAS SAID: IN THE NAME OF ALLAH MOST GRACIOUS, MOST MERCIFUL.
    9. O YOU WHO BELIEVE! IF A WICKED PERSON COMES TO YOU WITH ANY NEWS ASCERTAIN THE TRUTH, LEST YOU HARM PEOPLE UNWITTINGLY, AND AFTERWARDS BECOME FULL OF REPENTANCE FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE. IF TWO PARTIES AMONG THE BELIEVERS FALL INTO A QUARREL, MAKE PEACE BETWEEN THEM, BUT IF ONE OF THEM TRANSGRESSES BEYOND BOUNDS AGAINST THE OTHER, THEN FIGHT AGAINST THE ONE THAT TRANSGRESSES UNTIL IT COMPLIES WITH THE COMMAND OF ALLAH, BUT IF IT COMPLIES, THEN MAKE PEACE BETWEEN THEM WITH JUSTICE, AND BE FAIR, FOR ALLAH LOVES THOSE WHO ARE FAIR.
    10. THE BELIEVERS ARE BUT SINGLE BROTHERHOOD SO MAKE PEACE AND RECONCILIATION BETWEEN YOUR TWO (CONTENDING) BROTHERS, AND FEAR ALLAH THAT YOUR MAY RECEIVE MERCY.11. O YOU WHO BELIEVE LET NOT SOME MEN AMONG YOU LAUGH AT OTHERS. IT MAY BE THAT THE (LATTER) ARE BETTER THAN THE (FORMER). NOR LET SOME WOMEN LAUGH AT OTHERS. IT MAYBE THAT THE (LATTER) ARE BETTER THAN THE (FORMER). NOR DEFAME NOR BE SARCASTIC TO EACH OTHER, NOR CALL EACH OTHERS BY (OFFENSIVE) NICKNAMES. iLL-SEEMING IS A NAME CONNOTING WICKEDNESS(TO BE USED OF ONE) AFTER HE HAS BELIEF AND THOSE DO NOT DESIST ARE (INDEED) DOING WRONG.
    12. O YOU WHO BELIEVE AVOID SUSPICION AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, FOR SUSPCION IN SOME CASE IS A SIN. AND SPY ON EACH OTHER, NOR SPEAK ILL OF EACH OTHER BEHIND THEIR BACKS. WOULD ANY OF YOU LIKE TO EAT THE FLESH OF HIS DEAD BROTHER. NAY YOU WOULD ABHORE IT, BUT FEAR ALLAH, FOR ALLAH IS OFT- RETURNING, MOST MERCIFUL.

WE ARE NOT DOING WHAT ALLAH HAS SAID, SOME PPL ARE SPREADING HATERED AND MISCOMMUNICATING MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS. WHEN MR ZAID HAMID HAS SAID THAT WHAT HE BELEIVES IN FRONT OF MEDIA AND HUNDEREDS AND THOUSANDS OF MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD, WE SHOULD COVER HIM AND BELEIVE ON HIS STATEMENT, CUZ HE IS ALSO PROMISING WITH ALLAH (SWT). PLEASE REMEMBER WE ARE BROTHER AND SISTER NO MATTER WHAT CAST, SECT OR BACKGROUND. WE ALL PRAY ALLAH SWT, WE BELEIVE IN QURAN AND TRSUT IN GOD, AS LONG AS SOME ONE BELEIVE IN QURAN AND BELEIVE THAT MUHAMMAD (PEACE BE UPON HIM) IS THE LAST PROPHET OF GOD. HE OR SHE IS OUR BROTHER, PLEASE DO NOT JUST BELEIVE IN THESE ""SATANS"" THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ALLAH HAS SAID, I DONT CARE WHAT EHTESAB IS SAYING ALL I DO CARE WHAT MY ""ALLAH""SWT HAS SAID IN QURAN. PLEASE DONT JUST GIVE YOUR LOSE POINTS TO THESE SATANS, THEY ARE HAPPY WHEN OUR SECT ARE FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER ONE PROBLEM AFTER ANOTHER AND THEY ARE HAPPY WHEN THEY HAVE KILLED SO MANY ""ULAMA"" MUSHAIKH, AND NOW...THEY WANT TO DIS-CREDIT EVERY POLITICIAN IN PAKISTAN EVERY ONE WHO TALK ABOUT PAKISTAN AND LOVE AND PEACE, WE SHOULD SAY WE ARE ALL BROTHER AND SISTER AND DO NOT PAY ATTENTION ON JUST RUMORS. PLEASE USE YOUR MIND AND READ QURAN.....THANKS ALLAH MAY SAVE US FROM THESE SATANS. AMIN!!!

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

PLEASE READ SURAH AL-HUJURAT: ALLAH (SWT) HAS SAID: IN THE NAME OF ALLAH MOST GRACIOUS, MOST MERCIFUL.
    EHTESAB IS NOT DOING WHAT ALLAH HAS SAID, HE(SHE) IS SPREADING HATERED AND MISCOMMUNICATING MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS. WHEN MR ZAID HAMID HAS SAID THAT WHAT HE BELEIVES IN FRONT OF MEDIA AND HUNDEREDS AND THOUSANDS OF MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD, WE SHOULD COVER HIM AND BELEIVE ON HIS STATEMENT, CUZ HE IS ALSO PROMISING WITH ALLAH (SWT). PLEASE REMEMBER WE ARE BROTHER AND SISTER NO MATTER WHAT CAST, SECT OR BACKGROUND. WE ALL PRAY ALLAH SWT, WE BELEIVE IN QURAN AND TRSUT IN GOD, AS LONG AS SOME ONE BELEIVE IN QURAN AND BELEIVE THAT MUHAMMAD (PEACE BE UPON HIM) IS THE LAST PROPHET OF GOD. HE OR SHE IS OUR BROTHER, PLEASE DO NOT JUST BELEIVE IN THESE ""SATANS"" THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ALLAH HAS SAID, I DONT CARE WHAT EHTESAB IS SAYING ALL I DO CARE WHAT MY ""ALLAH""SWT HAS SAID IN QURAN. PLEASE DONT JUST GIVE YOUR LOSE POINTS TO THESE SATANS, THEY ARE HAPPY WHEN OUR SECT ARE FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER ONE PROBLEM AFTER ANOTHER AND THEY ARE HAPPY WHEN THEY HAVE KILLED SO MANY ""ULAMA"" MUSHAIKH, AND NOW...THEY WANT TO DIS-CREDIT EVERY POLITICIAN IN PAKISTAN EVERY ONE WHO TALK ABOUT PAKISTAN AND LOVE AND PEACE, WE SHOULD SAY WE ARE ALL BROTHER AND SISTER AND DO NOT PAY ATTENTION ON JUST RUMORS. PLEASE USE YOUR MIND AND READ QURAN.....THANKS ALLAH MAY SAVE US FROM THESE SATANS. AMIN!!!

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

WE ARE NOT DOING WHAT ALLAH HAS SAID, HE(SHE) IS SPREADING HATERED AND MISCOMMUNICATING MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS. WHEN MR ZAID HAMID HAS SAID THAT WHAT HE BELEIVES IN FRONT OF MEDIA AND HUNDEREDS AND THOUSANDS OF MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD, WE SHOULD COVER HIM AND BELEIVE ON HIS STATEMENT, CUZ HE IS ALSO PROMISING WITH ALLAH (SWT). PLEASE REMEMBER WE ARE BROTHER AND SISTER IN ISLAM NO MATTER WHAT CAST, SECT OR BACKGROUND. WE ALL PRAY ALLAH SWT, WE BELEIVE IN QURAN AND TRSUT IN GOD, AS LONG AS SOME ONE BELEIVE IN QURAN AND BELEIVE THAT MUHAMMAD (PEACE BE UPON HIM) IS THE LAST PROPHET OF GOD. HE OR SHE IS OUR BROTHER AND SISTER IN ISLAM, PLEASE DO NOT JUST BELEIVE IN THESE ""SATANS"" THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ALLAH HAS SAID, I DONT CARE WHAT THESE IS SAYING ALL I DO CARE WHAT MY ""ALLAH""SWT HAS SAID IN QURAN. PLEASE DONT JUST GIVE YOUR LOSE POINTS TO THESE SATANS, THEY ARE HAPPY WHEN OUR SECT ARE FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER ONE PROBLEM AFTER ANOTHER AND THEY ARE HAPPY WHEN THEY HAVE KILLED SO MANY ""ULAMA"" MUSHAIKH, AND NOW...THEY WANT TO DIS-CREDIT EVERY POLITICIAN IN PAKISTAN EVERY ONE WHO TALK ABOUT PAKISTAN AND LOVE AND PEACE, WE SHOULD SAY WE ARE ALL BROTHER AND SISTER AND DO NOT PAY ATTENTION ON JUST RUMORS. PLEASE USE YOUR MIND AND READ QURAN.....THANKS ALLAH MAY SAVE US FROM THESE SATANS. AMIN!!! FORGIVENESS IS A VIRTUE OF ISLAM....I SAID I FORGIVE MR ZAID HAMID. I HOPE EVERY ONE WILL SAY THE SAME, NOT THE SATANS.

3. ahmed107

ahmed107 New Member

So molvi Sahid you are going to decide who's SATAN or not ?

Allah also say use your akal , if you have slight doubt, run a mile !

here is something for you and die-hard jialas of ZZH to digest this article, : (likes of pakistani111, Magnum, revolutionary etc)

Intelligence dumps Zaid Hamid,

Zaid Hamid’s meteoric rise and recent fall has been analyzed by a number of commentators. One aspect of his story that has been missing is Zaid Hamid’s connections to the Pakistani intelligence community. In any case, at this point it seems that the intelligence community has withdrawn its support from Zaid Hamid.

So how did it all start?

Zaid Hamid arrived on the scene as a “security analyst”, commenting on international security issues. He launched a low budget show called “Brasstacks”, named after his own security consulting business, at the fag-end of the Musharraf era.

Well placed sources close to key figures in Pakistani civilian intelligence claim that Intelligence Bearu officers were, at one point, bragging about their success with the Zaid Hamid project. There is considerable confusion regarding the actual reporting structure of IB. While officially it answers to the Prime Minister many allege that the military remains a powerful influence.

In any case IB wasn’t the only parent in the intelligence world for Zaid Hamid. Even before he got his own show, Hamid appeared on PTV with as an analysit on Ahmed Qureshi’s show. Qureshi, himself a product of Musharraf’s demise, has long thought to be linked to the ISI.

The intelligence world does not work like many people think. “Journalists” and other assets of the intelligence community are usually not on a “payroll”. Although this certainly does happen at times, what is more common is that a journalist falls under the influence of intelligence agencies that often feed the journalist with information that helps his or her career grow. While Zaid Hamid is not a journalist, he is a media personality. So it stands to reason that his links to the agencies are of a similar nature.

Nor do Pakistan’s three intelligence agencies (IB, ISI, MI) always work in unison. They are often at odds with each other and can behave like three passive aggressive housewives of a poor man.

It is in this context that Zaid Hamid was adopted, apparently collectively by IB and ISI, and promoted as a mouthpiece. While what he said was shocking to many thinking people, many have observed that what he said was usually in consonance with official state doctrine as expressed in education policy.

In an article on extremism, but not specifically Zaid Hamid, Pervez Hoodhboy quotes the National Bureau of Curriculum and Textbooks Federal Ministry of Education.

Social Studies: At the completion of Class-V, the child should be able to:

* “Acknowledge and identify forces that may be working against Pakistan.”[pg154]

* “Demonstrate by actions a belief in the fear of Allah.” [pg154]

* “Make speeches on Jihad and Shahadat (martyrdom)” [pg154]

* “Understand Hindu-Muslim differences and the resultant need for Pakistan.” [pg154]

* “India’s evil designs against Pakistan.” [pg154]

* “Be safe from rumor mongers who spread false news” [pg158]

* “Collect pictures of policemen, soldiers, and National Guards” [pg158]

* “Demonstrate respect for the leaders of Pakistan” [pg153]

If the last of these can be understood to mean the military leadership, Zaid Hamid has been hitting the nail on the head in terms of reinforcing state sponsored ideology. As always, the function of ’state ideology’ is to promote an understanding of the world that aligns with the interests of the ruling elite. If we take a step back and actually look at what Zaid Hamid had been promoting in terms of geo-politics we see clear links with these interests. But that requires another piece, lets get back to the point…

In recent weeks we have seen the security establishment in Pakistan reposition its self in response to changes in Afghanistan. Several key leaders of the ‘Afghan Taliban’ have been arrested in Pakistan. There has been speculation that these arrests were to ensure that Pakistan has a seat at the table when U.S. Imperialism plays its final hand in Afghanistan. The anticipation is that the U.S. is stuck in an unwindable war and will be forced to take a backseat role soon, allowing “reconciable” elements of the Taliban a share in power. Apparently the Pakistani establishment has decided that it had better mediate on behalf of the Afghan Taliban. This requires that the leadership of the Taliban be in Pakistani possession. This new calculus is in sharp contradiction with Zaid Hamid’s position that the Afghan Taliban must be supported openly.

This fact coupled with the recent revelations that Zaid Hamid had misled his followers about his views on Muhammed Yousef Ali have made Hamid less of an asset and more a liability for his erstwhile masters. The intelligence world seems to have dumped Hamid.

So what indications do we have these these lovers have broken up?

A number of right-wing groups, also supported by the state, have risen up in opposition to Zaid Hamid due to his views on Mohammad Yousef Ali. If Zaid Hamid continued to enjoy the backing of the intelligence apparatus, the issue would have been handled differently. After all, Hamid’s links to Yousef were well known from the start.

More recently even ISI mouthpiece Ahmed Qureshi has been distancing himself from Hamid. On a recent note on his facebook page Qureshi writes:

“Several young Pakistanis have emailed me a link to this article and asked me if I support Mr. Zaid Hamid’s position in the current controversy over a convicted blasphemer, Yusuf Kazzab.

My answer is: No, I don’t.

This article was written in 2008 and has nothing to do with Mr. Hamid’s current positions and projects. It was a response to criticism by defeatist elements in the Pakistani media who were upset at the increase in the number of PakNationalist writers promoting a new assertive strain in Pakistan’s foreign policy and advocating a stronger stance on Pakistan’s legitimate security and strategic interests in the region.

So the context of this article is Pakistan’s policy issues. As for the current controversy, I regret to inform you that I disagree with Mr. Hamid’s position of not coming clean on the issue of the convicted blasphemer. As such, I do not support his current work and public statements relevant to this question. Mr. Hamid’s current position has resulted in an unfortunate and unnecessary confusion among young Pakistanis.

A distinction must be made between promoting Pakistani interest, which is commendable coming from anyone including Mr. Hamid, and between his personal religious views which are his own business, especially the refusal to accept Supreme Court’s verdict on a convicted blasphemer. Whatever his position, this issue has nothing to do with the pro-Pakistan movement that young Pakistanis are spearheading across Pakistan. Please keep the two separate.

This clarification is important in order not to confuse the context of my article written in 2008 – which touches on a general debate between defeatist and pro-Pakistan camps within the Pakistani media – and the current controversy.

As for TAKMEEL project, I have nothing to do with it. It’s a great idea and I know many of its organizers and supporters. They are well-intentioned and patriotic Pakistanis. But I am afraid the project has been detracted by kooky ideas and zombie theories. Any effort that turns divisive and fails to unite is more harmful than useful. Let’s hope for the best.

This comment answers several points that I have received in tens of emails and privates messages and calls over the past few days.

Don’t let unnecessary controversies and divisions stand in the way of shaping a new, storng and prosperous Pakistan in this century.”

This is a significant development since Qureshi went a step beyond distancing himself from Hamid due to the Yousef Ali controversy, and has gone so far to to refers to Hamid’s views “ kooky ideas and zombie theories.”

Zaid Hamid might still have some currency for the intelligence community, but recent signs show a clear distance between Hamid and the three wives of the poor man.

At long last, we may be closer to a time when we no longer have to say the words “intelligence” and “Zaid Hamid” in the same sentence. They never quite seemed to belong together.

4. Revolutionistic

Revolutionistic Banned

Ahmed107 I know that you are a dumb person and infact a case of attention seeking deficit disorder...........I am not a die-hard jiala of Zaid and not even a supporter or follower..............if you have any proof or any post that you think that I have ever supported him then do show............even in his religious controversy I have remained neutral and acted according to my knowldge about religion............I am a PTI supporter. This again proves that you are a dumb and insane person and that you need psychiatric treatment.....hope your not on charas or bhang

Next time you personally attack me without any proof, I will complain.......

5. ahmed107

ahmed107 New Member

No i will not throw the abuse back at you !

in his religious controversy threads , there was no religious issue, you ether believed him or you didn't, but you did write comments in his favor,

either you was his supporter, or you never was or you changed your mind, it is all good news for pakistan,

since you have been into trouble with admin and now you are threatening me, we will call it a day and make your day by saying sorry !

6. Revolutionistic

Revolutionistic Banned

Lolzzz psychos and liars like you should always speak with proof otherwise you end up being a laughing stock for your opponents...........I acept your apology though you are still adamant that I typed in his favour without any proof. I even remember having a conversation with you in which I typed that I think he's a Muslim currently as he has recited the Kalimah openly while I disagree with his methodology (undemocratic).........If you want I can give you the proof and copy paste my conversation with you that took place iin another thread a few days back..............next time do not take recreational drugs before colliding with me.

7. ahmed107

ahmed107 New Member

you are sounding very bruised, so i think we let you cool down !

i had never call ZH "kafir" , so your Kalimah statement is irrelevant in this context ,

8. Revolutionistic

Revolutionistic Banned

Lolzzz what do you mean by "we"??? hope you are not suffering from grandiose delusions.............if Kalimah is not the issue here then all your blame game is also irrelevant as I have never supported Zaid's ideology/ methodology................if you think otherwise then show some proof, but if you are unable to do it then its better for you to shut up rather than giving me space to laugh on your rhetorics.

9. taffy

taffy New Member

Dont give fatwa of agent to any member.
    Admin

10. moon_lyte

moon_lyte New Member

Any way Zahid Hamid is true muslim and real patriotic. We should not loose him. This is the best interest of our nation.

11. (((((Auspicious)))))

(((((Auspicious))))) Auspi

Allah Dilon per agar muhr lga dein to sudharna buht mushkil hojata he.................

12. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Very true about molvies. 1400 years se muhr lagi he inke dilon per. Ab chor do in ka peecha.

13. ahmed107

ahmed107 New Member

looks like "muhr lagi he ZH kay jialas kay dilon per"

I.Q nil ho giya hai,

Allah or rasool (PBUH) chorh ker ZH perchar shoroo ker diya hai,

Facts are all around you ,don't ignore them, (parda fash ho giya hai) just open your mind and let the facts in !
    this man is gone , finished, kaput, even his secret backer are backing away, try living without him,

Don't ignore this article ,read it, digest it , comment on it, tell your friends (like moon-lyte, and shagi etc) its over, last thing you want to do (if you are not getting paid ) is that you don't divide young pakistanis in an effort to unite them, it don't make sense !

Intelligence dumps Zaid Hamid,

Zaid Hamid’s meteoric rise and recent fall has been analyzed by a number of commentators. One aspect of his story that has been missing is Zaid Hamid’s connections to the Pakistani intelligence community. In any case, at this point it seems that the intelligence community has withdrawn its support from Zaid Hamid.

So how did it all start?

Zaid Hamid arrived on the scene as a “security analyst”, commenting on international security issues. He launched a low budget show called “Brasstacks”, named after his own security consulting business, at the fag-end of the Musharraf era.

Well placed sources close to key figures in Pakistani civilian intelligence claim that Intelligence Bearu officers were, at one point, bragging about their success with the Zaid Hamid project. There is considerable confusion regarding the actual reporting structure of IB. While officially it answers to the Prime Minister many allege that the military remains a powerful influence.

In any case IB wasn’t the only parent in the intelligence world for Zaid Hamid. Even before he got his own show, Hamid appeared on PTV with as an analysit on Ahmed Qureshi’s show. Qureshi, himself a product of Musharraf’s demise, has long thought to be linked to the ISI.

The intelligence world does not work like many people think. “Journalists” and other assets of the intelligence community are usually not on a “payroll”. Although this certainly does happen at times, what is more common is that a journalist falls under the influence of intelligence agencies that often feed the journalist with information that helps his or her career grow. While Zaid Hamid is not a journalist, he is a media personality. So it stands to reason that his links to the agencies are of a similar nature.

Nor do Pakistan’s three intelligence agencies (IB, ISI, MI) always work in unison. They are often at odds with each other and can behave like three passive aggressive housewives of a poor man.

It is in this context that Zaid Hamid was adopted, apparently collectively by IB and ISI, and promoted as a mouthpiece. While what he said was shocking to many thinking people, many have observed that what he said was usually in consonance with official state doctrine as expressed in education policy.

In an article on extremism, but not specifically Zaid Hamid, Pervez Hoodhboy quotes the National Bureau of Curriculum and Textbooks Federal Ministry of Education.

Social Studies: At the completion of Class-V, the child should be able to:

* “Acknowledge and identify forces that may be working against Pakistan.”[pg154]

* “Demonstrate by actions a belief in the fear of Allah.” [pg154]

* “Make speeches on Jihad and Shahadat (martyrdom)” [pg154]

* “Understand Hindu-Muslim differences and the resultant need for Pakistan.” [pg154]

* “India’s evil designs against Pakistan.” [pg154]

* “Be safe from rumor mongers who spread false news” [pg158]

* “Collect pictures of policemen, soldiers, and National Guards” [pg158]

* “Demonstrate respect for the leaders of Pakistan” [pg153]

If the last of these can be understood to mean the military leadership, Zaid Hamid has been hitting the nail on the head in terms of reinforcing state sponsored ideology. As always, the function of ’state ideology’ is to promote an understanding of the world that aligns with the interests of the ruling elite. If we take a step back and actually look at what Zaid Hamid had been promoting in terms of geo-politics we see clear links with these interests. But that requires another piece, lets get back to the point…

In recent weeks we have seen the security establishment in Pakistan reposition its self in response to changes in Afghanistan. Several key leaders of the ‘Afghan Taliban’ have been arrested in Pakistan. There has been speculation that these arrests were to ensure that Pakistan has a seat at the table when U.S. Imperialism plays its final hand in Afghanistan. The anticipation is that the U.S. is stuck in an unwindable war and will be forced to take a backseat role soon, allowing “reconciable” elements of the Taliban a share in power. Apparently the Pakistani establishment has decided that it had better mediate on behalf of the Afghan Taliban. This requires that the leadership of the Taliban be in Pakistani possession. This new calculus is in sharp contradiction with Zaid Hamid’s position that the Afghan Taliban must be supported openly.

This fact coupled with the recent revelations that Zaid Hamid had misled his followers about his views on Muhammed Yousef Ali have made Hamid less of an asset and more a liability for his erstwhile masters. The intelligence world seems to have dumped Hamid.

So what indications do we have these these lovers have broken up?

A number of right-wing groups, also supported by the state, have risen up in opposition to Zaid Hamid due to his views on Mohammad Yousef Ali. If Zaid Hamid continued to enjoy the backing of the intelligence apparatus, the issue would have been handled differently. After all, Hamid’s links to Yousef were well known from the start.

More recently even ISI mouthpiece Ahmed Qureshi has been distancing himself from Hamid. On a recent note on his facebook page Qureshi writes:

“Several young Pakistanis have emailed me a link to this article and asked me if I support Mr. Zaid Hamid’s position in the current controversy over a convicted blasphemer, Yusuf Kazzab.

My answer is: No, I don’t.

This article was written in 2008 and has nothing to do with Mr. Hamid’s current positions and projects. It was a response to criticism by defeatist elements in the Pakistani media who were upset at the increase in the number of PakNationalist writers promoting a new assertive strain in Pakistan’s foreign policy and advocating a stronger stance on Pakistan’s legitimate security and strategic interests in the region.

So the context of this article is Pakistan’s policy issues. As for the current controversy, I regret to inform you that I disagree with Mr. Hamid’s position of not coming clean on the issue of the convicted blasphemer. As such, I do not support his current work and public statements relevant to this question. Mr. Hamid’s current position has resulted in an unfortunate and unnecessary confusion among young Pakistanis.

A distinction must be made between promoting Pakistani interest, which is commendable coming from anyone including Mr. Hamid, and between his personal religious views which are his own business, especially the refusal to accept Supreme Court’s verdict on a convicted blasphemer. Whatever his position, this issue has nothing to do with the pro-Pakistan movement that young Pakistanis are spearheading across Pakistan. Please keep the two separate.

This clarification is important in order not to confuse the context of my article written in 2008 – which touches on a general debate between defeatist and pro-Pakistan camps within the Pakistani media – and the current controversy.

As for TAKMEEL project, I have nothing to do with it. It’s a great idea and I know many of its organizers and supporters. They are well-intentioned and patriotic Pakistanis. But I am afraid the project has been detracted by kooky ideas and zombie theories. Any effort that turns divisive and fails to unite is more harmful than useful. Let’s hope for the best.

This comment answers several points that I have received in tens of emails and privates messages and calls over the past few days.

Don’t let unnecessary controversies and divisions stand in the way of shaping a new, storng and prosperous Pakistan in this century.”

This is a significant development since Qureshi went a step beyond distancing himself from Hamid due to the Yousef Ali controversy, and has gone so far to to refers to Hamid’s views “ kooky ideas and zombie theories.”

Zaid Hamid might still have some currency for the intelligence community, but recent signs show a clear distance between Hamid and the three wives of the poor man.

At long last, we may be closer to a time when we no longer have to say the words “intelligence” and “Zaid Hamid” in the same sentence. They never quite seemed to belong together.

14. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Ahmed107. Yara don't copy useless stuff again n again. FK is paying fees for web hosting space. Aur kifayat shuari achi aadat he ;) Lets share something new.
    Allah Rasool (Pbuh) ko chora nahin, Allah Rasool (Pbuh) ke deen ki sarbulandi ke liey ZH ko join kiya he. Inshallah success is ours. And you will see fruit of good deed. Inshallah. Join us, friendly invite.

15. ahmed107

ahmed107 New Member

For two weeks you had taken over the FORUM defending your belief in ZH , and now you are complaining about my one or two posts, just cuz you can't open your closed mind to let the facts in !

this sentence makes me believe you have SICK mind,

16. Magnum

Magnum New Member

@ ahmed107
    No, im not complaining about ur posts, im only complaining about re-post of stuff. The article u shared is copied above again and again. Otherwise, its your forum, share as much as possible.
    And how my friendly invite referes to a sick mind. or u may wanna write Sikh mind ;)

17. moon_lyte

moon_lyte New Member