Left Right 31st August 2008

Discussion in 'Jirga' started by Hit Man, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Hit Man

Hit Man Moderator Moderator Siasi Karkun

Guests: Nazir Naji and Ansar Abbasi

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/ygfK7x0A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="400" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>​

2. Silverblaze

Silverblaze New Member

The most important thing Ansar Abassi missed was that with Zardari as a President, what if the global powers want Pakistan to make an important decision, who are they going to call? And who will make the decision? Gillani or Zardari? I doubt they are going to look towards Gillani. No one is going to have a debate in parliament regarding important decisions; hence, whatever Zardari sahab thinks best will be Pakistan's decision.

3. wellwisher

wellwisher New Member

PPP got the highest number of votes & seats in National Assembly....they have every right to choose any person of their choice as President.....whether some one likes it or not, zardari WILL be President.......Lets face it,this is democracy and this is the way it works.
    I agree with silverblaze...that with a strong presidency, the importance of Parliament will be eroded....but any MNA can raise any issue in parliament....1973 constitution also gives every MNA the RIGHT to introduce any legislation for voting....I think PMLN leaders should read the constitution carefully and IF they are confident enough they can introduce a legislation which will restore all judges, stop military operations etc....But will PMLN do it?? NO WAY...they are more interested in point scoring and getting political mileage from Judges issue....

4. peaceful

peaceful New Member

right wellwisher

5. Silverblaze

Silverblaze New Member

@ wellwisher
    Firstly, I couldn't care less about PML-N. Why is that everyone who questions PPP is labelled as a PML-N supporter? The problem is how many issues have been addressed in this country. Parliament till now has been a debating club and nothing else. Even the PPP promised that everything would be done in the parliament. I ask them how many issues have they discussed in their parliament during their 5 months of government. Was the operation discussed in parliament? Was judges issue discussed in parliament?( which they said would be in the parliament). Even if PML-N didn't want it to be brought into the parliament, PPP could have proved them wrong, but no way. Was any change in the economic and foreign policy discussed in the parliament? All decisions were made in Zardai house. The fact an average minded individual can think of is that the US wants one man incharge. The army can never go against the US and the only ones who can that is the politicians, have followed in the army's footsteps to cling to power.